David Key

6
Positive Thought

Positive Thought

Is Just Positive Thought Enough To Make You Extra Money

I attended our monthly Mastermind group on Saturday, something which usually inspires me, the chance to get together with your peers and catch up on the latest ideas has to be valuable, this one I thought was going to be different, our speaker was one of the worlds leading NLP guys and his message was based around the power of Positive Thought

Why did I think it was going to be different? well I went with an open mind to something I wasn’t completely sold on, I’ve tried those subliminal message type things where you sit down, close your eyes and wait to be transformed and I’m still waiting, maybe what I had wasn’t right, or maybe I just didn’t understand the Positive Thought message in it

The speaker soon turned his attention to me and my professional sport background and asked me about my experience of winning and finishing nowhere, I related my experience of feeling bomb proof one day and of losing interest when things weren’t working another day, he had demonstrated that Positive Thought is very powerful just by drawing that out of me

For those of you not yet in a Mastermind group I would suggest you read my post from Nov 3rd In it I talk about the motivating power of the group, the way it develops accountability, the ability to help and be helped, don’t reinvent the wheel somebody has already done and he or she will gladly help you to do the same, so a live example of positive thought

Do We Really Need More Than Just Positive Thought

So do we really need more than just Positive Thought? In a word yes we need action and lots of it, getting out of a negative state is essential but on it’s own it won’t do anything, you need a clear action plan and you need to follow through with it,I talked about Online Time Management on Jan 3rd speaking personally I view it as really important and you should too

In the end we are always going to need more than Positive Thought, it’s a vital ingredient and one your going to need help on if you’ve got yourself into a downward spiral thinking wise, as people we are very good at getting in our own way, if only I had more time, if I was just ten years younger, I just need to do a bit more research and so it goes on, they are all examples of us getting in our own way, justifying a lack of action

Sadly we all know that tomorrow never comes in terms of I’ll do it tomorrow, when Steel Magnate Andrew Carnegie set Napoleon Hill the task of spreading his ideas that Hill turned into Think and Grow Rich, perhaps still one of the most important business and motivation books ever written he said this, in my experience a person who cannot make a decision in 60 seconds or less cannot be relied upon to follow through on that decision,Carnegie knew from experience that Positive Thought leads to positive action

So to follow the teachings of these great men we need Positive Thought, we need decisive decision making, we need a clear action plan and I would add from my humble input we need an accountability partner, we need somebody to share our successes and on occasions we need somebody to tell us like it is, to call us when we are in one of those, I’m to busy, I’ll do it tomorrow periods

Turning Positive Thought Into A Successful Business Model

Sometimes everybody has just wanted to give up, having tried to find a shortcut that hasn’t worked, we blame the plan, how is it then that whilst 97% fail the remaining 3% do very well, put simply they stay on track, we all have bad days that’s human nature but the captain steers the ship, he or she gives the crew Positive Thought or sells them a negative story, it’s our call and it’s our responsibility, nobody else will do it for us after all

So to quote on of my favorite personal development people mainly Stephen Covey we must start with the end in mind, if you are not familiar with his 8th Habit I would strongly recommend that you get yourself a copy, he demonstrates the power of Positive Thought and he discusses how to find your voice in a world where everybody is losing theirs, his ideas are so right for today and his message is very powerful

I wanted to finish where I began today namely about our speaker, a guy by the name of David Key, what did I learn from him about Positive Thought? I learned what I guess everybody already knew, words alone won’t do it, but I came away with some extra tools in my toolbag, I need to suspend my disbelief on NLP, to get out of my own way and use his ideas to drive me further onwards, we all know the day we stop learning we are in major trouble, I may not fully understand how but he demonstrated that it works, in sport, in business, even in politics, it’s in my hands now

In winding up today as always I’d love to get your thoughts, are you part of a Mastermind Group? how do you keep yourself on track with all those distractions and obviously how you use Positive Thought

Switch to our mobile site